Friday, June 11, 2010

You say Nihao, I say Taijian.

Well, I had tones to talk about.
Really, I could have written a book. But somehow, fighting with my VPN (blogger is blocked in China) my seriously annoying job (which I can't post about yet) I've just let great writing material pass me by.

So China, I have lots to say about you. You have made me overall slightly irate. To be honest, I'm not your biggest fan. Not everything is about clothes, money, and status. It's OK to smile (really, you should try it sometime). Take note that loyalty is the strongest currency. Cheating, lying and scamming your way in business might work for the quick cash grab, but it won't last.

Dear China,

I'm not fat. Not even close. Nope, I wouldn't feel better if I lost 10 pounds, but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm ok with being different. And actually don't want to stop working when I get married, pop out one totally spoiled child and live a life of confined domestic misery. I don’t find it particularly embarrassing to have kids in my 30’s, and nope my ovaries probably won’t be like dried up prunes. Nice of you to point it out though.

I'm alright with wearing my sweats around town. Nope, I don't need to check my skinny legs in EVERY window I pass by. I assume that If I don’t look at my face in a mirror every 5 minutes, it will still be there when I get home. I don't find it necessary to bleach my face because I'm unhappy with the skin colour I was born with. Nope, I don’t think that darker people are less attractive. We have a word for that kind of thinking in the West, and I'm sure it doesn't go with your new forward thinking image.

China, please have a rethink about some of the things you believe. The big things-obviously, but the little things too.
Eating 'hot fruits' will not cause you to break out in spots. Fans don't suck all the air out of a room. You can exercise on your period (no western women's bodies ARE actually the same as yours). Taking Diarrhea tea to lose weight is probably a bad idea. And YES you can SWALLOW your phlegm, contrary to your beliefs this will not kill you, and you don't have to hork one out every couple steps you take.

Goodbye China, I've learned a lot from you. It hasn't all been hair-pulling frustration, we've had some good times. Don’t take this the wrong way, I just don't want you driving the world’s economy. Because if it's anything like the way you drive a car, you won't give a rats!#$ about anyone in your way.


xoxo



Heeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllo Vietnam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine